Have you ever had difficulty accessing health care for you or your family? How would an equitable and universal health care system change your life?
At this event, we’ll learn about the New York Health Act and share our health care stories through writing, speaking, or other mediums. Paper, markers, pens, and sticky notes will be provided.
With your permission (participation is optional), GAPIMNY will take pictures/videos of the health care stories shared and use them in a social media campaign to raise awareness for the New York Health Act.
We hope by sharing these stories, we can inspire people to volunteer and fundraise in support of the campaign to pass the New York Health Act.
- The room is on the third floor and is accessible by elevator. There is a ramp to enter the building.
- Restrooms – there are multiple gender neutral restrooms at the Center. We will update the Facebook event shortly with their accessibility.
- Public Transit Access – The 14 St – 8 Av (trains: ACE) subway stop has elevator access and is close to the Center. All public bus options are ADA compliant.
- Hearing/Vision/Speech – No assisted or auxiliary aids available.
- Fragrance – The space is not scent-free.
- If any questions about accessibility, please email [email protected].
Sunday, October 6, 2019, 2pm – 4pm
The LGBT Center, 208 W 13 St, New York, New York 10011