Join GAPIMNY in building the queer and trans API community in NYC!
Since 1990, GAPIMNY has created a range of political, social, and educational spaces for the queer and trans Asian Pacific Islander (QTAPI) community. This would not be possible without our amazing volunteers who dedicate their time and talents to strengthen the organization. GAPIMNY is fully volunteer-run, and there are no paid staff. Everyone from the co-chairs to someone volunteering at one event plays an important role in making GAPIMNY happen.
In line with our mission to empower QTAPI people to create positive change, we invite you to get involved in ways that align with your interests and passions.
Benefits of getting involved include:
- Reaching your full potential in a safe and supportive space
- Meeting other friendly people who are passionate about creating positive change
- Watching your efforts manifest and impact the lives of your community
- Having a blast at bonding and team-building events throughout the year
- Opportunities to attend leadership conferences with other queer and trans people of color organizations around the world