You can join GAPIMNY by becoming a member or support us by donating.
Membership is open to gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer, trans, gender non-conforming, and questioning Asian Pacific Islander people.
You can manage your membership on ActBlue.
How to Pay Dues
We kindly suggest a monthly donation of $2, but please feel empowered to pay as much or as little as you can.
Why Monthly Dues?
Receiving monthly dues helps us maintain a clean, active membership roster, which will help GAPIMNY’s Steering Committee keep in better contact with its members and to operate more strategically as an organization. Monthly dues will give us a better sense of how to budget our activities.
Donations are open to any individuals who wish to support GAPIMNY’s work.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Regular communication about developments in the queer and trans Asian Pacific Islander (QTAPI) community and the organization
- Consideration to travel on behalf of GAPIMNY to conferences attended by other queer and trans people of color organizations
- Opportunity to elect GAPIMNY’s Steering Committee each year
- Opportunity to organize or suggest events for the community with the Steering Committee’s help and oversight
Memberships and Donations Support:
- Safe and supportive spaces for queer and trans Asian Pacific Islander (QTAPI) individuals to connect, come out, and discuss issues impacting their lives
- Visibility initiatives that raise the voices of QTAPIs, including marches in Pride and Lunar New Year parades
- Political campaigns advocating for our community on issues, such as immigration, sexual racism, homophobia, transgender exclusion, and many others
- Organizational nuts and bolts, such as website maintenance, space rentals, and marketing
- Special discounts to programs and events, including film festivals, awards dinners, and social outings