[From Ryan Shen, Co-Chair]
As the end of the year approaches, the GAPIMNY steering committee (SC) is starting to focus on our annual election. This is an exciting opportunity for all our members to become more involved in GAPIMNY, by joining the steering committee. As a SC member, you have the opportunity to:
- Meet activists in the LGBTQ Asian and Pacific Islander community in NYC, in the US and abroad.
- Build community with a dedicated group of volunteers.
- Learn the ins and outs of running a small, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people in our community.
- Gain/practice skills in facilitation, fundraising and event/action planning.
The SC is a yearly commitment. (We encourage at least two years of involvement.) We meet on the first Monday of every month for two hours and SC members are expected to attend these regularly. Each SC member also determines the role they want to play. These roles include, but not limited to:
- Administration Chair
- Communications Chair
- Social Media Chair
- DowneTime Chair
- Finance Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- General Meeting Chair
- Membership Chairs or Volunteer Chairs
If interested, please contact me at [email protected] for more details