From Protect The Results:
If Trump undermines the election results, the Protect the Results coalition will activate nationwide mobilizations— and we will need everyone to show up, so spread the word!
Join us to honor the valid results of the 2020 election, ensure that every vote is counted, and demand the peaceful transition of power.
But we are facing an unprecedented threat to the future of our democracy, and we also need to start preparing now for sustained nonviolent actions in the streets that grow over time – should they be necessary.
The Protect the Results national coalition has created tools & trainings on protest coordination, de-escalation & street smarts, & how to sustain political pressure. The best way to prepare is to gather your closest people — friends, family, colleagues, allies — the ones you want to be with on the streets, or collaborating with remotely. Start talking now to plan how you will work together to participate in defending democracy:
- Watch the training videos on “De-Escalation & Safety Tactics” here. The slide deck for the De-escalation and Safety training is here.
- Visit the mobilization resources from the national coalition, including the toolkit and key dates and definitions
- Join the upcoming training on “Sustained Pressure” on Wednesday, October 28 at 7 pm ET. Join us by registering here. A video of this training will also be available at the above training link after it takes place.
- Ensure that you know your rights with resources from the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild.
- Contact the organizers here if you would like to assist with the planning for the NYC Protect the Results Coalition – we need all hands on deck!
NOTE: We think the likelihood of activation is high. We should all plan as though these events could be as early as 4pm local time on Wednesday, November 4. But, this is a tentative date & time.
Wednesday, November 4th, 2020, 4pm
476 5th Ave, New York, NY, 10018
This event meets ADA standards. Have accessibility questions? Reply to your registration email to confirm your requirements or request more information.