Show your colors for the Year of the Dog!
Let’s queer the Lunar New Year! Join GAPIMNY, Q-Wave, and API Rainbow Parents (PFLAG) to march in the parade, and then celebrate with us at a special banquet at Project Reach. Our presence will raise awareness of QAPIs in New York’s largest Asian communities. If you can’t march with us, we have other volunteer jobs and a post-parade party on 2/25 — please join us! Friends and family are welcome!
Questions? Email: [email protected]
- 11:00AM: Volunteers – meet at Project Reach (39 Eldridge St, 4th Fl) for a light breakfast and prepare / transport materials to parade site.
- 12:00PM: Marchers – Line up at Hester Street between Elizabeth and Bowery
- 1:00PM: Parade begins!
- 3:00PM: Banquet Party at Project Reach with food & karaoke!!
Volunteers, please sign up at http://signup.com/go/WqtNpaY to choose what role(s) you would like, such as:
- carrying our rainbow banners
- help set up food for the banquet
- be a point person for the parade start!
- being a cute dog mascot!
- General volunteer coordinator: Karen Lee (718) 350-7279
- Field organizers on 2/25: Ka-Man Tse at (917) 940-7819 or Blake Kim at (347)844-8319.
- Project Reach on 2/25: Karen Lee (718) 350-7279.
Hope to see you there! Friends & Family are welcome!!!